Sunday, June 8, 2014

And the Days Are Long

We've made it through another Sunday!

I sat by a new lady in my ward at church today. Her few month old was (unbelievably quietly) restless. She explained that nap time was normally 9:30 for them and it was quickly coming up on 11:30.

I dunno about you, but my kids still get restless and tired with three hours of church.

Scratch that. I still do.

The days have been long lately. It was just one of those days I was ready for today to be done before it really began. There are several reasons I tell Garrison, "I'm fighting feeling grumpy," ranging from my kids turning to the dark side, to my stomach and hips being cruel, to my pet died and my haircut got goofed... but anyhow.

It's times like these you have to make your own happy places.

Today for dinner I fed the kids applesauce and multi-grain Cheerios, while I fixed us "big kids" a box of Pasta Roni and veggies for our half of the table romantic dinner "getaway"... complete with dollar candles burning and grape soda.

I smiled when I noticed we have orange, yellow, and light pink lilies blossoming in our flower bed.

I cherished the multiple moments when I was glad I wasn't the only grownup at home to help clean up potty training accidents.

Some days need a medal for surviving to see the end. But at least we're surviving, right?

3 comments:

  1. I have days just like that. Thanks for the message to "make my own happy place"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! Sometimes it is so easy to focus on the things that aren't going right, rather than the things that are. Sometimes making you own happy place is the best (and only) option to help you get through those tough days.

    ReplyDelete