Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Seven Months

Today I hit 32 weeks. That's seven and a half calendar months though. However you count it. Eight weeks to go. I hope it goes fast--lately it feel likes I'm watching the second hand on the clock move in slow motion. 

If I've learned anything, it's that this pregnancy has taken every "fun" aspect of the last and upped it by a solid factor. Everything has only gotten more intense with each pregnancy. 

It seems like there's primarily the nausea, exhaustion, and fun walking. I've spent literally hundreds and hundreds on anti-nausea prescription combos and still going. The SPD began back at something-teen weeks and progresses. At least this time I learned how to pop my pelvic bone back into place every time I move from laying down. Not that it tickles or makes walking painless. And low iron keeps me pretty continually sleepy. I think I say, "I need a nap" more than the kids tell me they want food. 

Oh, did you know round ligament Charlie horses were a thing? I had no idea. 

And then there's the typical heartburn, crazy Braxton Hicks, sciatica, sore legs/feet, yada yada. 

This baby had the nickname "mellow fellow" for some time. He's been running out of room lately, and has demonstrated his strength in stretching against my ribs on my right side. He's still pretty gentle though. And has the hiccups ALL the time (just like his oldest brother did). 

I have no idea how, but I've had hardly any maternity summer pants to wear. If they don't pull up over my whole belly they slide right off. And my only pair of denim capris make me feel like a teenage boy picking them up every other step sliding off too. So truth is I hang out in my purple maternity scrubs a LOT of the time. 


As mentioned before, the preparations are slowly coming. I've been victorious over three year old spit up stains from storage--thank goodness. I thought I took care of them, but apparently not. I learned in the process my babies favored the right shoulder to spit up on--who knew?? 

I grow excited for another snuggle buddy and little body to dress up. One that won't run away or argue about what they want to wear instead, right?

3 comments: