Sunday, April 6, 2014

CHRIS BOTTI

My title gets all caps because IT WAS THAT EXCITING!!

I surprised my dad for his birthday way back in August with Chris Botti concert tickets! As a little girl he took me on daddy-daughter dates to live jazz artist performances at the book store. I loved every minute of it! He got me hooked on several jazz artists over the years--Chris Botti, Brian Culbertson, Mindi Abair, Paul Brown, Dave Koz... ehhhh you get the drift.

We went downtown to Abravanel Hall. I'd actually never been to Abravanel before--let alone a concert before! I was thrilled, but not surprised, to see a nice looking group for the audience, even some kids, but mostly older adults.

Dad and I really enjoyed the concert! It was LOUUUD (Dad said we might have been right by a speaker). And if you know anything about trumpet players, they love to show off their skills by playing MAD high notes almost only dogs can hear. (The headache the day after was unreal, but worth it.) He played his own songs, and ones from Stevie Wonder and Sting, and ended with "Let's Stay Together."

I don't know why I'm always so surprised when these famous people are down to earth, so funny, and very engaging. You know it was good when it's all you can think about for days after though! 




No comments:

Post a Comment