Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter

Happy late Easter!

We had a nice Easter. We didn't do very much in the way of eggs, chicks, bunnies, etc. all week. And with 9 am church, we didn't really feel like trying to do anything first thing in Sunday morning .We managed to put together a quick egg hunt on Saturday night.



The kids caught on super fast. It seems like in years past we've had to show them HOW to gather the eggs and open the eggs when everything is done. They really enjoyed it!

We didn't eat too much sugar until after Easter was done and we finally opened our spoils. I'm still in the mindset if I eat it quickly, I won't have to stare at it for weeks, right??

We had very simple baskets for the kids. The boys all got matching Easter ties. Other than that they got a coloring book and a couple $2-3 dollar toys. Something about the simplicity makes me happy. I love to spoil them, but it's become an art to do so gracefully, ha!

We had hardly any talk of the Easter Bunny here. The boys watched us purchase their Easter gifts. I believe Santa is fun for the sake of Saint Nick's legacy, but I don't get the Easter Bunny to be honest. They were just excited to spend time together as a family outside over the weekend.

Throughout the week I explained the reason we celebrate Easter to the kids. To me, it's definitely *the* most important reason for a holiday. On Sunday Gabe was very excited to tell us about the stone in front of the tomb. Something about the stone was fascinating to him!

I'm glad to have celebrated this long-awaited holiday this year! I love that the Savior broke the bands of death that we all could have so much more to look forward to after this life. I have seen his hand in our lives so much in these last few years, and I have NO idea what I would do without him! What a wonderful occasion to remember all that Christ has done for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment