Friday, February 6, 2015

2014

At the end of January, I took down our calendar from the wall. It's interesting to go back and look at the things written down. Most of it was a blur--at least for me. I spent probably 10/12 months in the thick of survival mode, so sorry if it's painfully obvious that lots of these events are about me (I find it probably just as annoying as you too). I'm glad we got through.

January

Discovered that our family would be growing on New Year's Eve. Held my breath for several weeks until the first ultrasound. Feeling sick.
For the most part, just normal business--callings.
My birthday. A very low key celebration.

February

This month on the calendar is rather empty! These are the weeks I spent in denial of just how sick I was getting. Finally got set up with Home Health.
Valentine's. Managed a DIY craft for Garrison.

March

Also very empty month. 
Garrison's birthday.
Our most frequent visitor was Joni, my home health nurse. More IV's than I can count and black and blue arms and hands. Two liters of D5 every. single. day.

April

Managed to go see Chris Botti concert with my dad. 
Found out we were having another BOY! 
Easter. 

May

Got Nate tested for preschool--he got in!
Six year anniversary. We got a minivan.
I finally renewed my driver's license... Four months late. Not like I was driving much anyhow.
Mother's Day. My boys got me a honeysuckle plant--my favorite flower.
Last IV of the pregnancy til delivery.

June

Father's Day. 
Made it down to St. George for a big wedding.
Nathan's birthday. Lots of pirate goods. Graduated from speech services.
Gabe finished his year of pre-school with Ms. Kirsten.

July

Fourth of July. The boys enjoyed watching everything. I didn't love the cannon booms til midnight every single night. 
Saw our hyper dog the most mellow EVER when she got fixed... But I secretly was very grateful for a break for a few days.
Gabe rode in a bike parade.

August

The boys started school--together! 
Labor kicked in that night on the first day.
Two days later our September baby arrived in August!! Peter had us all 1000% smitten!

September

We brought Pete home on the first, Labor Day.
Garrison took great care of us all while we recovered and adjusted.

October

Getting a little busier--lots of little things etched on the calendar.
Halloween. 
Pumpkin patch.
Family pictures.

November

Lots of small events again. 
Lots of time with family. And friends.
Thanksgiving.

December

Gabe turned five! 
Lots of Christmas gatherings with family.
Got to see the last uncle return home from a mission!

2015 is looking like it'll be a big year for growth for each of us! I'm excited for how we'll all change.

No comments:

Post a Comment