Friday, February 13, 2015

Nathan vs. The Talk

Nathan gave his first talk in Primary as a Sumbeam.

I told him a few days before that he would get to, and he suddenly got very quiet and somber and told me, "Um... no..."

When the big day came, he sat very nervously in the chair in front. If it weren't for his friends sitting with him, the twins next door, he might have cried and thrown a fit to get out of it. I love some good peer pressure!

His turn came and he started narrating, out loud, his trip up the steps to the podium. Consequently, his talk began with his mini, high-pitched voice stating, "There are three steps, and THAT'S FINAL."

He mumbled/repeated his five sentence talk that I whispered in his ear about Jesus, and sat down a proud little Sunbeam.

This kid makes me laugh. I love that he's getting so big.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is a big day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute story for you to remember! It makes me miss serving in Primary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot! First public appearance obliterated!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! So brave to give a talk in primary already.

    ReplyDelete